Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Head Life Guard
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 56155|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Sep 13, 2018 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
5310 E. 136th Ave, Thornton, Colorado, 80026
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Responsible for maintaining proper deck supervision for aquatics staff, set?s rotations, ensures participants safety, answers inquiries regarding activities, and joins guard rotation. Enforces and ensures lifeguards enforce VMAC rules and regulations.
2. Ensures pool meets State Health code regulations by regularly checking chemicals and making adjustments as needed. Performs daily facility checks on chemicals and equipment and completes facility reports daily. Provides facility support by performing cleaning of pool, pump room and storage areas. May assist with cleaning of locker rooms, bathrooms, concessions, hallways, rooms, lifeguard office, and with snow clearance of walkways as needed.
3. Performs set-up and take down of events and practices taking place at the VMAC to include moving of bulkheads, lane lines, timing system, computers, tables, chairs, platforms, etc.
4. Attends staff trainings and meetings, may conduct staff training audits and drills.
5. Coordinate and work with outside organizations, concessions workers and coaches to set up events/activities. May assist with opening and closing the facility. May assist with start-up cash for events/concessions and or close outs.
6. Perform other job related duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Either currently in High school or High School Diploma or equivalent
Must be a minimum of 18 years old.
Minimum of 1 year experience in an aquatics programs, including Lifeguarding and/or Assistant Pool Manager.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
American Red Cross CPR-PR/AED required.
The minimum hourly rate of pay is G 10 Step 1, $11.36
Please refer to the Classified Salary Schedule on ourdistrict website for additional information regarding salary step placement.