Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 61278|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Sep 09, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
5310 E. 136th Ave, Thornton, Colorado, 80026
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Ensures safety of athletes, coaches, program participants and spectators by observing swimmers and spectator areas at all times, corrects unsafe behavior, effectively responds to emergency situations, performs lifesaving procedures and assisting patrons. Enforces VMAC rules and regulations.
2. Performs daily facility checks on equipment to meet manufacturer and State health code regulations and completes facility reports daily. Provides facility support by performing cleaning of pool and pump room, including, but not limited to, emergency clean-up anywhere in the facility. May assist with snow clearance of walkways as needed.
3. Performs set-up and take down of events and practices taking place at the VMAC to include, but not limited to, moving of bulkheads, lane lines, timing system, computers, tables, chairs, platforms, etc.
4. Attend mandatory staff training and/or meetings.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Either currently in High School or High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
No experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
American Red CPR-PR/AED Certification required.
? Ability to supervise students, enforce district, school, league and CHSAA rules and regulations.
? Possess knowledge and skills in the specific sport.
? Ability to plan, organize and successfully direct specific sport.
? Ability to perform, as well as teach, advanced techniques in specific sport.
? Ability to promote and follow Board of Education policies, Superintendent Policies and building and department procedures.
? Ability to communicate, interact and work effectively and cooperatively with all people including those from diverse ethnic and educational backgrounds.
? Ability to recognize the importance of safety in the workplace, follow safety rules, practice safe work habits, utilize appropriate safety equipment and report unsafe conditions to the appropriate administrator.
? When completing the application, please include current/previous coaching experience in the Work Experience section of the application or paste your resume, with coaching experience listed, to the online application.
? The salary listed is the base salary range. The exact salary to be paid will be based on the sport and previous years of experience, per Certified Master Agreement language.