Adams 12 Five Star Schools
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lifeguard .475 FTE
at Adams 12 Five Star Schools
|ADAMS 12 FIVE STAR SCHOOLS||Job posting 58587|
|1500 EAST 128TH AVE, THORNTON, Colorado, 80241||Job posted as of Mar 06, 2019 until Until Filled|
Located just seven miles north of downtown Denver, Adams 12 Five Star Schools is close to the conveniences of a major city center yet far enough to offer the quiet of the suburbs. The five stars represent the five unique communities the district serves: Broomfield, Federal Heights, Northglenn, Thornton and Westminster.
The District shall not discriminate in its employment or hiring practices on the basis of race, color,sex, age, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or other basis prohibited by applicable law. The District is committed to cultural diversity among district personnel as a means of enriching the educational experience. The District shall identify, solicit, and consider applicants for employment from a broad spectrum of qualified individuals who will contribute to that effort.
5310 E. 136th Ave, Thornton, Colorado, 80026
Job Tasks Descriptions
1. Ensures safety of athletes, coaches, program participants and spectators by observing swimmers and spectator areas at all times, corrects unsafe behavior, effectively responds to emergency situations, performs lifesaving procedures and assisting patrons. Enforces VMAC rules and regulations.
2. Performs daily facility checks on equipment to meet manufacturer and State health code regulations and completes facility reports daily. Provides facility support by performing cleaning of pool and pump room, including, but not limited to, emergency clean-up anywhere in the facility. May assist with snow clearance of walkways as needed.
3. Performs set-up and take down of events and practices taking place at the VMAC to include, but not limited to, moving of bulkheads, lane lines, timing system, computers, tables, chairs, platforms, etc.
4. Attend mandatory staff training and/or meetings.
5. Perform other job related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Either currently in High School or High School Diploma or equivalent.
Must be a minimum of 16 years old.
No experience required.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS or CERTIFICATIONS:
Criminal background check required for hire.
American Red Cross Lifeguard Training and First Aid Certification required.
American Red CPR-PR/AED Certification required.
Salary placement on our Classified Salary schedule is dependent on theGrade for the position being posted and employees’ previous work experience."Grade" refers to position or job classification and "Step" refers to number ofwork experience credit or service years. Initial placement will be at the Gradefor the position step 1.
Employees regularlyscheduled to work twenty (20) hours per week or more are eligible to receivethe district contribution towards insurance benefits as defined in theClassified Master Agreement Article 11.3, 11.4, and 11.5 and are eligible forbenefits described within this article. Employees regularly scheduled to workless than twenty (20) hours per week, or employees whose employment istemporary, are not eligible for benefits described within this article. Please refer to the Classified MasterAgreement for more information.
THISPOSTING IS NOT INCLUSIVE OF THE JOB DESCRIPTION.
All applicants (current district employees and external applicants) shouldlist any and all work experience, including current district experience, whencompleting the employment application. Please include job titles and duties that you held while doing that job. Since the Human Resource department uses the application to screen for minimumqualifications required for each job, it is important to have a completeapplication so you will be considered for the position you are applying for.
The minimum hourly rate of pay is G 9 Step 1, $11.13
Please refer to the Classified Salary Schedule on ourdistrict website for additional information regarding salary step placement.