Advantage Solutions, Inc
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Part Time Pet Food Brand Ambassador
at Advantage Solutions, Inc
- Position Type
- Part Time
- Postal Code
- Requisition ID
- Product and Event Demonstrations
Part Time Pet Food Brand Ambassador
Do you love pets? Are you passionate about pet health and wellness? If so, you just might be perfect for our Part Time Pet Food Brand Ambassador position! We’re looking for enthusiastic salespeople to engage customers and store staff and explain the benefits of our client’s pet products. This position will also perform a wide range of activities including brand promotion, training, product merchandising, and selling of products and benefits. The Pet Food Brand Ambassador demonstrates their deep understanding of pet health while recognizing that each customer’s pet is important and is considered as a part of their family.
Things to consider:
- Minimal experience needed, anyone with a passion for pets is encouraged to Apply!
- You will be part of a regional team servicing multiple locations; access to reliable transportation within your territory is critical.
- Shifts are 4 hours scheduled Friday – Sunday with shifts from 3:00pm – 7:00pm on Friday, 11:00am - 3:00pm on Saturday and 12:00PM – 4:00PM on Sundays.
- Average employee works 2-3 events in 2-3 stores per week
- Select locations have shifts from 3:00pm – 7:00pm on Thursdays
- Pay rates are competitive starting at $16/hr.
Take this opportunity to join North America’s leading business solutions provider and build your career working with amazing people in a growing industry! Apply today!
What We Offer:
- Part Time Benefits (Dental and Vision)
- 401(K) with company match
- Vacation Time
- Paid Training and ongoing career development
What You’ll Do:
- Circulate throughout the store to engage, educate, promote, and sell client’s pet care product(s) to consumers through natural conversation
- Create brand awareness and positive brand impressions throughout the store, from consumers to store management, through effective communication of product features and benefits.
- Provide best in class product presence throughout all interactions, identifying opportunities, and proposing solutions to improve brand and team performance.
- Punctual, professional, and highly organized with respect to event schedule, reporting deadlines, and program assets.
- Ensure product is properly presented on shelves and displays.
- Set up, break down promotional table with product materials for brand visibility during in-store demonstrations.
- Timely completion of all call reports, paperwork, and on-going training by required deadlines
- High School Diploma or equivalent job-related experience
- Experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable
- Must have passion for household pets and pet nutrition.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills and ability to attract and engage customers.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision
- Daily Internet/email access and/or smartphone required
- Background check required
The Company is one of North America’s leading sales and marketing agencies specializing in outsourced sales, merchandising, category management and marketing services to manufacturers, suppliers and producers of food products and consumer packaged goods. The Company services a variety of trade channels including grocery, mass merchandise, specialty, convenience, drug, dollar, club, hardware, consumer electronics and home centers. We bridge the gap between manufacturers and retailers, providing consumers access to the best products available in the marketplace today.
The Pet Food Ambassador is responsible for the selling of pet-related products and services. This position generates excitement, brand awareness, and increases pet product sales through in store representation and promotion, and is responsible for understanding and implementing promotional and sales techniques. The individual will roam throughout his/her assigned store throughout his/her assigned shift in order to actively approach, engage with, educate, and promote and sell pet products to as many consumers as possible who are shopping throughout the store (with and without their pets), as well as to store management and associates. The incumbent will perform a wide range of activities ranging from brand promotion, training, product merchandising, and selling of products and services.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
Brand Awareness & Sales
- Roam throughout entire store throughout duration of shift (approximately 4-5 hours) to actively approach, engage, educate, promote and sell pet-care product(s) to as many consumers as possible who are shopping throughout the store (with and without their pets), as well as to store management and associates
- Seek sales opportunities in departments throughout the store to maximize sales.
- Create brand awareness and positive impressions of the product by engaging consumers, store management, and associates in a retail environment; effectively communicating brand talking points and presenting products; educating consumers, management, and associates on product features and benefits; and handing out coupons and samples.
- Accurately complete and timely submit any required online reporting (e.g., call reports, expense reports, training certification quizzes). Call reports (including time records) must be completed by 10a.m. of the day after the event is completed.
- Participate in on-line, in-person, and telephonic trainings; conference and other telephone calls; and team meetings.
- While in-store, develop and practice a sales pitch/promotional script sometime prior to event time but during work time
- Review event schedule once a week
- Check voice mails and emails once a day
- Study product materials to develop product knowledge
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities for direct reports
This position does not have guidance or mentoring responsibilities for indirect reports
Travel and/or Driving Requirements:
Travel and Driving are not essential duties or functions of this job
Education Level: (Required): High School Diploma or GED or equivalent experience
Significant experience in event marketing, demonstrations, sales, or retail/grocery is highly desirable
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Strong selling skills
- Must have passion for household pets and pet nutrition
- Ability to work effectively with management
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to attract and engage customers
- Ability to work independently and prioritize duties with minimal supervision, in order to meet deadlines
- Ability to make oral presentations
- Ability to move throughout store in order to locate, actively approach and engage as many shoppers (and their pets) as possible
Environmental & Physical Requirements
Field / Administrative Requirements
Incumbent must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. Work is performed in a retail in-store environment. Typically requires the ability to spend 80%+ of hours each work day doing the following activities: engage in considerable physical activity, ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds, stand on feet and move around for long periods of time.
Requires the ability to perform the following activities:
- Ability to roam throughout entire store in search of customers and their pets for duration of shift (up to approximately 4-5 hours).
- Ability to lift and/or push up to 50 pounds of assets and/ or product.
- Required to transport equipment and or assets e.g. table, banner, promotional materials estimated weight of 50 pounds.
- Set up promotional table with product and promotional materials for brand visibility only.
Additional Information Regarding The Company Job Duties and Job Descriptions
Job duties include additional responsibilities as assigned by one’s supervisor or other manager related to the position/department. This job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. The Company reserves the right at any time with or without notice to alter or change job responsibilities, reassign or transfer job position or assign additional job responsibilities, subject to applicable law. The Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable a qualified applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
Any estimate, schedule, or guideline provided to associates in this job description or elsewhere in connection with their jobs is only intended to help describe job duties and for planning purposes. Regardless of any such estimate, schedule, or guideline, associates must always record all time worked for our company (which includes but is not limited to on-site work time in an assigned store, office, or other work location; required waiting time; administrative time; and work-related travel time).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of associates so classified.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity in all employment practices without regard to age, race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, religion, physical or mental disability, or any other category protected by law. As part of this commitment, the Company shall provide reasonable accommodations of known disabilities to enable an applicant or employee to apply for employment, perform the essential functions of the job, or enjoy the benefits and privileges of employment as required by the law.
The Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance. All of our positions require the satisfactory completion of a background check. Please be aware that acknowledging or having criminal convictions does not constitute an automatic bar to employment. Factors including, but not limited to age and time of the offense, seriousness and nature of the violation, and rehabilitation will be taken into account.