Boulder Community Hospital
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cook - Per Diem - Variable Shifts
at Boulder Community Hospital
Per Diem - no regular schedule - vacation coverage only
Work Hours: varied
Per Diem - Variable Hours - 10% Differential on top of the base pay rate.
Responsibility for production of all hot food prepared for patients, cafeteria and catered events.
Education or Formal Training
10 years education or equivalent preferred.
Special Qualifications (licensure, registration, etc.)
Knowledge, Skill And Ability
1. Ability to communicate and relate well with people.
2. Knowledge of how to organize and balance workload and decide priorities.
3. Knowledge and use of math skills to include weights, measures, and fractions.
4. Ability to meet deadlines while performing a number of tasks.
5. Must be able to follow written and verbal instructions.
6. Must be able to maneuver with precision around objects, people, and carts.
1. One year cooking experience preferred.
2. Institutional food service experience and knowledge of special diets preferred.
MATERIAL AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
1. Grill, stoves, ovens, steamer and fryer equipment.
2. Knives, choppers, meat slicer.
3. Cleaning products and chemicals.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Must stand for long periods of time.
2. Walking, twisting, turning, bending, stooping - constant movement involved.
3. Will be required to push/pull heavily loaded carts.
4. Lifting of sometimes heavy, hot pans.
5. Due to constant movement and equipment used, area's temperature can be warm.
6. Should expect lifting of up to 50 pounds.
Must be service ENCORE! oriented at all times. On a daily basis will come into contact with supervisors, co-workers and other hospital employees. Occasionally will come into contact with visitors, volunteers and patients. Must be able to respond effectively to age specific differences in dealing with visitors and customers.
1. Responsible for preparation of hot and some cold foods for patients, cafeteria-catered events in accordance with recipes and department standards.
2. Utilizes proper procedures given and standards to ensure yield and quality.
3. Ensures product temperatures meet department standards and portion control guidelines are followed.
4. Keeps area sanitary, neat, and clean.
5. Looks ahead in production to ensure pulled from freezer, items prepped and prepared when needed.
6. Communicates over/under production, workload, use of leftovers, prep needs with Coordinator.
7. Must be reliable and prompt.
8. Has a record of teamwork and positive interpersonal relations.
9. Follows safety requirements.
10. Above duties are IAW Department standards.
11. Must adhere to dress code.
12. Employees are expected to comply with all regulatory requirements, including Joint Commission Standards.
13. Must adhere to Universal Precautions which includes:
a) The use of protective barriers as appropriate;
*gowns *pocket masks
b) Handling and disposing of infectious waste appropriately.
c) Hand washing as appropriate.
14. Is familiar with organization, department and job specific Environment of Care areas, including Life Safety, Utilities Management, Hazardous Materials Communications, Emergency Preparedness, Infection Control and Medical Equipment Failure.