Boulder County Colorado
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Multimodal Transportation Planner
at Boulder County Colorado
The Multimodal Transportation Planner is located in the Multimodal Division, which includes seven planning professionals and several intern positions. This position will work on program management and project implementation of large-scale, multiagency projects with particular focus on regional transit corridors and implementation of the regional Bus Rapid Transit system in Boulder County. Projects may also cover disciplines in bicycle, pedestrian, transportation demand management (TDM) and emerging transportation technologies
Desired qualifications of this position include:
- Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with multiple agencies from varied backgrounds and perspectives
- Experience in transportation project implementation
- Ability to manage long-term, complicated programs and projects
- Ability to recognize and leverage new staffing and funding opportunities to enhance projects
- Ability to work independently to find creative solutions to problems
- Experience working with and managing third party consulting teams including deliverable oversight
- Positive attitude
This is a full-time, benefited position with Boulder County. Work hours will generally be Monday through Friday, from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The Planner will work out of Boulder, CO. Under FLSA guidelines, this position is exempt from overtime.
Hiring salary range: $4,823 to $5,305 per month*
Full salary range: $4,823 to $6,945 per month
*Applicants who demonstrate the ability to speak, read, and write fluent Spanish may be eligible for additional compensation.
- Examples of Duties
- Development and management of transportation programs and projects that enhance regional mobility
- Management of TDM projects to increase non-SOV mode share in Boulder County
- Participation in the development of internal and external transportation planning documents including transportation master plans, Bus Rapid Transit studies, multimodal corridor studies, active transportation plans, transit circulator studies and First and Final Mile plans
- Analysis of current and proposed RTD service hours, routes, fare structures and annual budgets
- Program support for other members of the Multimodal Division
- Other duties, as assigned
- May be reassigned during emergency situations
- Required Qualifications
PLEASE NOTE: When submitting your application be sure to include all relevant education and experience, as applications are screened based on the qualifications listed in this position announcement. Applications that do not appear to meet minimum qualifications, as outlined below, will not be considered. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of completed applications.
- A bachelor's degree in planning, engineering, or a related field
- At least two years of project management experience in planning, transportation, capital projects, or related field
Additional related education may count towards required experience
- Supplemental Information
- Ability to speak Spanish
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of the factors that influence urban development, and the legal and social aspects of community development
- Ability to prepare and present reports, maps and charts
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work effectively with other employees, agencies and the public
Boulder County is a family-friendly workplace dedicated to fostering a diverse, inclusive, and respectful environment for all employees. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, socio-economic status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.