Boulder Heavy Industries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Boulder Heavy Industries
IMM is looking for Brand Strategist to join and lead our growing Creative and Branding practice.
The Creative team at IMM is an agile and passionate (and successful) group of writers, designers and strategists who guide small and medium sized businesses and start-ups (and a couple behemoths) in creating and/or redefining their company’s brand, its place in the market, and how to emotionally connect with their customers and build their business for the future. This is an opportunity for a proactive, outgoing creative person with a strategic mind to guide and grow the IMM Branding Method (it’s a thing.)
- Lead the creative branding efforts for IMM. This position is a perfect mix of Creative Direction, Copywriting and Strategy.
- Lead the growth of the IMM branding practice.
- Provide leadership for all branding supported client deliverables including brand voice, vision, mission, story/manifestos, naming, taglines, and customer designed creative workshops and exercises.
- Be involved in new business pitches
- Manage a small internal and freelance team of writers and designers who are passionate about brand voice and content
- Actively identify and close opportunities that broaden and diversify the experience and the creative work that IMM produces
- Help define and shape IMM’s culture by providing an experienced, steady, and confident voice.
The skills we need:
- Marketing and business acumen: along with Strategy, you will be leading branding workshops and exercises designed to uncover and discover the essence of a company or product, why it exists, where it fits in the market, who its customers are, and then put all that together to define a path to success.
- Creative writing: It takes a next level thinker to dig through the surface layers and uncover a brands functional and emotional truths and create the branding statements that define it. You must be able to get in-tune with the real passions of the people behind a brand, and translate that to guidelines that will be truly effective and usable books for the client.
- Comfortable and confident leadership: You’re an entrepreneurial type who doesn’t sit still. At IMM we are always looking for ways to improve our work so that we can help our customers achieve and succeed.
- Client-facing expertise: Very comfortable collaborating with internal teams and external clients—usually consisting of c-suite level stakeholders. You must have the savvy and strategic mind to guide them to a place where their business minds and emotional minds overlap, and play in that sweet spot.
- Passionate about language and creating connections: Emotion and language drives your creativity, and you work these inspirations into your work to positively impact brand experience
- Minimum 7 years in a creative or strategic leadership role with an emphasis on writing, identity creation, and/or communication (branding, copywriting, messaging, content marketing, etc.)