Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
CNA Acute Care - Tele Unit
at Centura Health
What if you could spend more time with your patients, pursue education and growth and count on the support of a family of talented heathcare professionals? What if you could find it all in one of America's most beautiful locations? You can! Everything you're looking for is waiting at Longmont United Hospital in Longmont, Colorado.
Here you'll find that Planetree is a part of our culture and significantly influences our model of care. Our delivery of patient-centered care strives to educate and empower patients and families while humanizing and demystifying the health care experience. It's a philosophy that influences everything we do, from making architectural design decisions to providing ‘out of the box’ amenities and individual attention to patients and families.
If you're ready to put patients first and take your career to a higher level, you'll experience excellent benefits, stability and camaraderie in a supportive and stable environment.
Job Description/Job Posting ID: 112730
Recruiter Contact: Maddy Huggins, email@example.com
Clinic/Department: 6203 LUH 3 SOUTH TELEMETRY
Hospital: LONGMONT UNITED HOSPITAL
Schedule: Full Time
Provides direct and indirect nursing care under the direction of a RN and in accordance with policies and procedures. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
Minimum Education Requirements
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of a Certified Nursing Assistant Program
Minimum Experience Requirements
- Six months previous CNA experience
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English
- Basic computer skills
- Previous customer service experience preferred
- Current state CNA license for applicable state of employment
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from American Heart Association
- Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) training, Preferred. CPI training required if sitting with M-1 holds.
Position Duties (essential functions denoted with an * )
- Assists with safe and appropriate delegated patient care tasks which are directly supervised by a Registered Nurse.*
- Provides person-centered care with sensitivity and respect for the human experience in a collaborative fashion with other team members. Assists care team in achieving daily patient and family goals. *
- Provides quality patient care, including comfort and hygiene measures, preventative skin care, safety measures, transport, and nutritional and elimination needs. May perform in a sitter role. *
- Promptly answers call lights and responds to patient needs. *
- Reports patient status changes and needs to Registered Nurse accurately and in a timely manner. *
- Demonstrates effective use of clinical strategies to insure patient and associate safety. *
- Communicates concerns regarding hazards or errors related to patients to the health care team. *
- Uses Situation, Background, Assessment, and Recommendation (SBAR) communication techniques. *
- Accurately documents vital signs, input/output, nutritional intake, personal hygiene, weights and other patient care performed and reports findings promptly to Registered Nurse. *
- Maintains thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records. *
- With training, performs other administrative documentation as required by unit. *
- Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective patient care.
- Organizes and prioritizes work to be completed within assigned timeframe to promote consistent patient comfort. *
- Ensures that work environment and patient rooms are neat and orderly to enhance unit and hospital image.
- Maintains and stocks nursing supplies. *
- Uses standards of care, hospital policies/procedures and regulatory guidelines to guide work. *
- Consistently demonstrates flexibility as evidenced by floating to other areas and is agreeable to work flexible schedules including weekends, holidays, evening and night hours as necessary to meet the needs of the patients and department. *
- Assists with quality improvement, safety and regulatory functions as directed. Participates in process change to improve practice. *
- Assists in training other CNAs, volunteers, students and other hospital personnel. Can perform as a preceptor to other Certified Nursing Assistants. *
- Acts in a role of ambassador for visiting community members, as assigned. *
- Adapts to rapidly changing technology as evidenced by competency in technology and equipment used in the patient care setting. *
- Demonstrates effective time management and is proactive in prioritizing workload and meeting productivity requirements. *
- Demonstrates understanding and proficiency of the use of the Video Monitoring (VM) software.*
- Maintains visual observation at all times. *
- Verbally redirects patient over digital 2-way audio device that is in patient room. *
- Immediately summons the nursing staff if the patient requires assistance.*
Medium Work - exert/lift up to 50 lbs. force occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs. frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs. constantly
Important notification to applicants as of Nov. 20, 2014: Effective Jan. 1, 2015, Centura Health will no longer hire tobacco users in Colorado and Kansas. The change to our policy does not apply to associates hired on or before Dec. 31, 2014. Centura Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V.