EnerSys Delaware Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at EnerSys Delaware Inc.
ABSL Space Products (ABSL) is the world-leading manufacturer of Lithium-ion batteries for space applications. As part of an ongoing expansion program, we are seeking talented individuals who have the self-motivation and desire to become world-leaders in their field to join our office in Longmont, Colorado.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following; however other duties may be assigned.
- Perform manufacturing and production activities according to NASA/IPC space standards in the areas of: mechanical and electrical assembly, soldering, resistance welding, insulative coating, epoxy application, crimping and wire harness assembly.
- Works well with fellow team members, under minimal supervision, and can take work direction from lead or senior technicians as required.
- Understands and utilizes electronic management systems for data storage and program documentation retrieval.
- Ability to read, comprehend, and work effectively with mechanical drawings and documentation including bills of materials, assembly drawings, work instructions, and equipment travelers.
- Experience in working in clean room environments, under ESD protections, and stored energy safe practices.
- Ability to travel within the U.S. for one to several weeks at a time.
- Capacity to become certified and maintain certification in NASA standards for Soldering, Cable, Polymeric applications.
- Becomes trained and certified in eight or more corporate work Instructions.
- Understands and implements aerospace best practices, meets quality requirements, and space-flight work habits.
- Understand personal limitations and when to stop and ask for assistance.
- Experience in maintaining documents in a timely manner to capture the status of work in progress.
- Ability to contribute information for operating procedures to prepare equipment and hardware for product processing.
- Demonstrates proper use and care of tools and equipment, ensures equipment is well maintained and ready for use, and flags any tools for disposition that is not.
- Maintains cleanliness and organization of work space.
- Escalate issues that are outside their authority, competence or scope.
- Follow all safety guidelines and report unsafe conditions to Lead Technician or Manager.
- Report any variations from the established plan to the Lead Technician or Manager in a timely manner.
- Communicates well with fellow peers within quality and production ranks, both verbally and in written form.
- Initiate non-conformance reports with support from manager/lead technician.
- Ability to generate in-house process rework instructions. Provides advice and feedback on any necessary corrective actions.
- Assists Test technician in testing of hardware.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Basic understanding of electronics and mechanical devices. Able to use VOMs and small hand tools and spot welder. Ability to troubleshoot during assembly. Basic knowledge of Word and Excel. Understanding of tractability requirements, knowledge of Quality Systems, and MRB processes.
Familiarity with corporate manufacturing processes and procedures
Ability to lift 50 lbs., kneel, crouch, bend and twist.
Accreditation, Certificates, License:
None required. IPC J-STD-001ES (Space Addendum) and NASA Standards (8739.1, 8739.3, 8739.4) preferred, but must be able to certify to NASA and IPC Standards in polymerics, soldering, and wiring. Includes the ability to meet the minimum Far, Near and Color vision requirements of the NASA STD 8739 manufacturing series. Vision requirements may be met with corrected vision.
Education and Experience:
High School diploma or general education degree (GED); 2-4 years related experience in aerospace or technical assembly field.
This position reports directly to the Manufacturing Manager with daily work direction from the floor Lead Technician.