Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at EnerSys Inc.
ABSL Space Products (a division of EnerSys Advanced Systems) is the world-leading manufacturer of Lithium-Ion batteries for space applicaitons. As part of an ongoing expansion program, we are seeking talented individuals who have the self-motivation and desire to become world-leaders in their field to join our office in Longmont, Colorado.
This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating manufacturing processes for build of space system batteries. Develops, evaluates, supports, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials and parts, fabrication processes, tooling and production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality control standards. Performs analysis, failure investigations, reports results, and provides resolution options. Develops and may present material for customer meetings.
- Responsible for design, development, implementation, and improvements to manufacturing tooling for battery builds and associated systems
- Prepares, recommends alterations and makes revision changes to manufacturing documentation and processes to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Provide CAD drafting and design support for manufacturing
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures and equipment within aerospace manufacturing
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals
- Responsible for organizing manufacturing resources to meet production demands
- Familiarity with NASA standards and aerospace manufacturing practices
- Perform failure investigations and report and record results and provide resolution options to the team.
- Prepares and presents material for customer meetings.
- Represents manufacturing at internal team meetings and customer meetings.
- Major participant at assembly readiness reviews and MRB’s
- A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
- Generates assembly work instructions for moderately complex assembly tasks.
- Reviews flight hardware part and assembly drawings to ensure design for manufacturability and compliance with NASA standards.
- Trains technician team on in-house processes and flight hardware handling best practices.
- Willing to perform hands-on build to assist technical staff when needed.
- Leads new design programs as well as providing input to complex manufacturing issues.
- Major participant at assembly readiness reviews and MRB’s.
- “Off” hours, or weekend support may be required from time to time
- 4-6 yrs related work experience; experience in lithium ion battery pack manufacturing is ideal, but not required
- Hands-on mechanical aptitude
- Creative problem solving
- SolidWorks/CAD drafting and design experience
- Ability to read and thoroughly understand technical manuals and documents
- Documentation control process knowledge
- Continuous improvement methodologies
- Experience working in clean room environments, under ESD protections, and stored energy safe practices
- IPC or NASA 8739.1, 8739.3, 8739.4 certification advantageous
- Previous work in an AS9100 facility advantageous
- BS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, or Industrial Engineering or a related discipline
Physical Demands: Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
Work Environment: Laboratory, Manufacturing
Longmont, Colorado, United States