Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Analyst- Justin's
at Hormel Foods
Sales Analyst- Justin's
Justin's makes naturally delicious, high-quality nut butters, nut butter snacks and organic peanut butter cups that deliver great taste, unique texture and convenient nutrition. Established in 2004 in the home kitchen of health enthusiast Justin Gold, Justin's supports an on-the-go lifestyle and was the first nut butter brand to market nut butters in single-serve squeeze packs. Justin's® peanut butter cups are USDA-certified organic and are made with Rainforest Alliance Certified™ cocoa. The nut butters are finely crafted with Justin's one-of-a-kind grinding process to create an exceptional texture and flavor experience. All seven varieties offer 4-8 grams of protein and are perfect for snacking anytime of the day.
The brand is not only dedicated to providing delicious products, but also is invested in protecting a fundamental component of the brand and the overall food system: pollinators. Justin's corporate social responsibility campaign supports organizations directly linked to preserving pollinators and spreading awareness of the need to do so.
BRIEF JOB DESCRIPTION:
The Sales Analyst is primarily responsible for supporting Justin's field sales team with analysis on customer specific, market and consumer data and research insights to develop sound business recommendations that drive results for the category and Justin's. The SA will utilize the analysis and recommendations to develop and present high-quality supporting presentations. This position is critical in building category, brand, and market development strategies. This position is also responsible for developing weekly demand forecasts, working closely with both Justin's Supply Chain Managers and Hormel logistics to ensure adequate inventory levels and improve logistics efficiencies.
- Develops fact-based product line reviews generating recommendations to grow the Justin's brand with respect to category development and the consumer centric process. Presentations developed may include new item presentations, merchandising presentations and category reviews.
- Produces periodic and ad-hoc reporting and analysis, to include sales performance, feature promotions, price gap reporting, share trend reporting, etc. This reporting and respective analysis supports the sales team with customer-specific opportunities, competitive awareness and insight, and business development opportunities.
- Incumbent supports the development of the incremental sales opportunity within the planning process. Provides category analysis for the regions and customers supported within their assigned area. Performs promotional analysis to provide insight and recommendations to drive promotional efficiency and effectiveness. In some cases, may be responsible for developing and executing inventory recommendations (distribution/plus-out scripts) for store level execution.
- Based on the sales and marketing objectives, the incumbent will provide analysis, insight and a recommendation respective to special project work. This work is typically solution oriented around distribution, price, promotion or shelf presentation issues around the brand. Opportunities exist for collaborative work across multi-functional groups, such as development, alignment and execution of joint business planning processes.
- Update the forecast vs. actuals on a weekly basis and provide direction to the team during production plan process. Accuracy and timeliness is essential to fulfilling customer orders while also managing to an appropriate level of on hand inventory. Participates in a weekly joint meeting with Justin's operations and Hormel logistics and provides a demand forecast each week.
- A bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 1+ years sales analytics experience
- A pattern of initiative.
- Proven problem solving and decision-making skills.
- The ability to work in a team environment on a variety of complex projects.
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational skills and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong ability to present to and negotiate with the customer.
- Must be a Citizen or National of the United States, a lawful, permanent resident, or have authorization to work in the United States
- Applicants must not now, or in the future, require sponsorship for an employment visa
- CPG experience
- Category knowledge
- Proficient in working with IRi/Nielsen/SPINS data
- Forecasting knowledge
BENEFITS: Hormel Foods offers an excellent benefits package. Competitive base salary plus bonus, annual merit increase performance reviews, medical, dental, vision, profit sharing, 401(k), stock purchase plan, relocation assistance, paid vacation.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS: Travel may be necessary 10% of the time.
For immediate consideration, send apply online at: www.hormelfoods.com/careers
Hormel Foods Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.