Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Content Marketing Manager - Boulder, CO or Nashville, TENN
at Schneider Electric
Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
Our Content Marketing Manager is responsible for leading external communication programs and content development for the rapidly accelerating Energy & Sustainability Services (ESS) business, with an emphasis on public relations, client case study development, long-form content development, editorial and executive-level communications. You will work collaboratively with PR/media agencies + platforms, clients, and other content and field marketers to design and deliver assets that support the external promotion of the business. Position reports to the VP of Content Marketing for ESS, and preferred location is Boulder, Colorado.
- Work with business and marketing leaders to develop integrated marketing + campaign plans, PR plans, messaging and content that align with the company's strategic priorities and themes. Surface leading trends and market intelligence and formulate creative, thought leading approaches to content development.
- Create and edit content across a wide variety of media to support campaigns and initiatives, with primary emphasis on news releases, client stories, pitches/messaging, talking points/prep materials, video scripts, long-form content (such as reports, white papers, etc.) and contributed editorial. Support the development of other content across the business and provide proofreading and editorial leadership.
- Manage vendor relationships. Build and foster relationships with other stakeholders, including fellow content marketers, field marketers, marketing leaders, business leaders, executives, clients, media and other partnerships. Coordinate activity with others in global marketing, including global PR team, country teams, sustainability campaign, and others. Provide coaching, feedback and editorial support with empathy.
- Support the development and execution of content activation plans across earned, owned and paid channels, including social media and events.
Essential skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree. Marketing, PR, communications or business focus desired. Experience will be considered in lieu of formal marketing education.
- 7-10 years progressive marketing experience in a fast-paced B2B environment, with specific experience and demonstrated success in leading PR and/or external comms programs.
- Fluency in social media platforms, strategy, tactics and content; working knowledge of all primary communication formats and channels, including audio and video. Experience with web and new media a plus.
- Intermediate-to-advanced fluency in modern office technologies, including the full Microsoft platform of office and collaboration tools. Experience with other marketing technologies, including Canva, InDesign, Adobe Creative Cloud, etc. desired.
- Demonstrated experience working in a matrixed organization across a variety of geographies and cultures desired, including exposure to or experience performing in virtual environments.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Communications: Position requires exceptional communication skills across written, visual, and auditory media, often involving large groups of stakeholders at varying levels of the organization and across different global geographies.
- PR + media: Position leads PR for ESS. Expertise in successful PR and media programs is essential for success.
- Stakeholder engagement: Position requires successful management of various relationships, ranging from vendors to clients, to executives. The ability to build relationships and trust with confidence is a key requirement for this role.
- Marketing: Position supports a fast-moving and innovative team. Understanding of content marketing principles, demand generation, social media/influencer marketing, and modern marketing techniques, technologies, and tools is critical.
- Content development: Position demands ability to manage multiple assignments and deadlines from conception to completion, with ability to creatively ideate, craft compelling stories, reach audiences in innovative ways, experiment with new media and continuously improve upon prior performance.
- Project management: Position requires continual management of projects, with many projects overlapping at any given stage of development. Effective time management, process management, and self-management required for successful execution.
- Energy/sustainability domain expertise: Position will work closely with subject-matter experts in the fields of energy and sustainability. The ability to effectively work with these experts, translate technical information into accessible language, synthesize information, respond rapidly to changing trends and present information in a cogent, authentic and authoritative way required.
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.