Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
eCommerce Content Specialist (cycling industry)
SmartEtailing is a team of 60 professionals with a common goal: helping independent bicycle retailers thrive!
SmartEtailing, founded in 1999, provides comprehensive website and marketing solutions for North American specialty bicycle retailers that drive sales and increase profits. With SmartEtailing, a bike shop's website is transformed from a passive advertisement to an interactive, content-rich marketing vehicle that informs and sells to customers. SmartEtailing commits to the business success of local bicycle retailers and their partner suppliers, by providing tools that help them effectively compete in an evolving online retail environment.
One of Outside Magazine's 50 Best Places to Work in 2018
Perks include: Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401k plan with employer match, Generous PTO, paid volunteering, open office working environment with natural light and mountain views, bicycle commuter and carpool credits, discounts on bikes and gear, monthly bbq or potluck events, free snacks, easy bike path access,
Group bike rides and onsite fitness room.
Here is what you will be spending your time doing:
- Entering product into SmartEtailing's online master product catalog with a focus on consumer “shoppability.”
- Quickly and efficiently entering and verifying data, writing or copy/paste product descriptions where applicable, and working to present products in a way that enables our retailers to inform and sell to their customers.
- Entering data accurately from spreadsheet sources and possessing the ability to “proof as you go” for specifications, prices, model numbers, sizes, weights, photos, etc.
- Having and/or continually improving general bicycle knowledge and critical thinking skills to use discretion in regards to catalog item creation.
- Ability to focus on quality and quantity in the face of repetitive work.
- Stay curious and follow trends in the eCommerce and cycling worlds.
This role is for you if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience.
- Have spent some time (1 year) in the cycling industry or consider yourself a bike nerd. Retail or eCommerce experience is a plus.
- Have experience doing repetitive data entry and working with a CMS.
- Possess intermediate level skills with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- Expert written and verbal communicator.
- Proficient at utilizing and communicating about web-based software.
- Organized and proficient at managing overlapping projects in a detail-oriented manner.
- You can empathize with the end user and fundamentally understand the value to an amazing end-to-end customer experience.
- Work in a highly collaborative team on shared goals and projects.
SmartEtailing is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data or other legally protected status.