University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Site Services Coordinator (On Call)
at University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Site Services Coordinator-Casual
This is a casual, (as needed, non-benefited) position. This position will be on-call, and will provide back-up for our Site Services team.
UCAR- Finance and Administration (FandA) – Facilities, Management, & Sustainability, Services (FMSS) – Site Support Services (SS)
No relocation package is offered for this position.
U.S. Citizenship, Permanent Residency, or other protected status under 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3) is required for this position. UCAR/NCAR will not sponsor a work visa (e.g., J-1, H1-B, etc.) for this position.
Where You Will Work
Located in Boulder, Colorado, University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) serves and participates in a collaborative community of researchers and educators who are dedicated to understanding the atmosphere -- the air around us -- and the complex processes that make up the Earth system, from the ocean floor to the Sun’s core. We manage the National Center for Atmospheric Research (NCAR) on behalf of the National Science Foundation and the university community.
The Site Services staff are available and ready to direct employees and visitors to meetings and conferences at all three UCAR|NCAR Boulder locations. The front desks are also the first point of contact for visitors coming in to visit with UCAR|NCAR|UCP staff.
What You Will Do
Responsible for coverage of the front desk at UCAR facilities. Welcome visitors by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries. Maintain security by following procedures, perform security related duties such as alarm and emergency response, manage keys for UCAR facilities, issues and recover door access cards and ID’s, banking and petty cash functions. Provide general office support with a variety of clerical activities and related tasks.
Front Desk duties:
- Acts as a liaison between public and UCAR/NCAR/UCP
- Directs employees and visitors to proper UCAR/NCAR/UCP destinations
- Operates multi-line telephone and 2 way radios
- Operates PC using database, word processing and spreadsheet software applications
- Establishes and maintains filing system
Safety and Security duties:
- Respond promptly to facility emergencies, alerting proper departments and personnel
- Works with and acts as dispatcher for Security Manager in emergencies
- Operates security system computer, acknowledging alarms and performing data maintenance on access cards
- Issues and recovers keys for UCAR facilities, maintains files and inventory of keys
- Issues, recovers, and maintains files on access cards and ID’s
- Other duties as assigned
Banking and Petty Cash duties:
- Handles petty cash disbursements/reconciliation
- Audits and balances cash drawer daily
- Determines necessary cash amounts and call in change order requests to bank
- Operates NCAR cash drawer program in Microsoft Access, recording all bank transactions, cash balances, deposits and cash orders
- Maintains supplies and practices safety measures to insure security of funds
- Prepares and distributes daily, weekly and monthly reports
What You Need
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Demonstrated skills in organization, multitasking, prioritization, and working under pressure
- Ability to work in a multicultural setting and interact with a variety of people
- Proficiency in word processing, database and spreadsheet applications
- Demonstrated skill with Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
- Ability to anticipate and respond to a variety of routine problems, inquiries, and tasks
- Knowledge of bookkeeping principles and experience in cash handling
- Skill in operating various computer systems, camera, two-way radio and multi-line phone systems
- Ability to apply UCAR policies and procedures
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of accuracy and professionalism
- Ability to accommodate and adapt to changing situations
- Experience preparing and distributing reports
The University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR) is an equal opportunity/equal access/affirmative action employer that strives to develop and maintain a diverse workforce. UCAR is committed to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment and does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, creed, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or pregnancy.
Whatever your intersection of identities, you are welcome at the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research (UCAR). We are committed to inclusivity and promoting an equitable environment that values and respects the uniqueness of all members of our organization.