University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director Career Center
at University of Colorado Boulder
The Director is a visionary leader-manager who oversees allaspects of the Career Center including but not limited to:
- LEADING a new initiative to develop and growa campus hub for current UCCS students and alumni. The hub will aid in professionaldevelopment and career readiness by collaborating on a shared vision of Career Centerservices across a variety of campus units.
- CULTIVATING relationships with employers andcommunity partners beginning with the Pikes Peak Region and extending to state,national and global employers.
- CREATING innovative programming based on nationaltrends and emerging practices to include technology to reach students, alumni,parents, families, community members, employers and UCCS colleges anddepartments.
- ESTABLISHING AND LEADING an internal CareerCenter working group and an external advisory group to grow campus ownership,cross-campus collaboration efforts and community involvement.
- OVERSEEING policy development regarding internship,job shadowing, co-op, certification badging, experiential learning, andvolunteer endeavors, etc., in collaboration with campus colleges anddepartments throughout the University of Colorado system.
- PROVIDING opportunities for alumni andcurrent students to receive career guidance, professional development, career mentorship,internships, and employment.
- BENCHMARKING AND IMPLEMENTING current andfuture career guidance instruments, diagnostic tools, employment trends, andtechnologies used with students, alumni, and employers.
- MANAGING Career Center budget andexpenditures.
- COLLABORATING with the UCCS DevelopmentOffice, employers, and community partners in fundraising efforts.
- DEVELOPING Career Center publicity and marketingstrategies, and analyzing data to achieve effectiveness, measurable goals, andoutcomes.
- Ability to manage new campus-wide initiatives and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
- Emotionally intelligent leadership skills.
- Open communication on campus with all interactions carried out in a professional manner.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Advocacy for internal and external campus partners including campus collaboration partners, alumni, staff, employers, and students.
- Team-building skills and experience collaborating and cooperating across constituencies.
- Experience and commitment to working with diverse populations.
- Enthusiasm, creativity, innovativeness, and willingness to take well-informed risks.
The University of Colorado ColoradoSprings offers a full benefits package. Information on university benefits programs, including eligibility, islocated at http://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado ColoradoSprings is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living andworking community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct backgroundinvestigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment.Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and whenappropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history check.
- Master's Degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Three to five or more years of experience in hiring and supervising staff.
- Five or more years of professional experience in relevant area to this job, such as academic/industry partnerships, career consultation/coaching, employment, training, or university or community building initiatives.
- Experience working in or with a university setting in a career services or workforce development role.
•Applications submitted by January 21, 2019 will receive full consideration.•Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.•Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information.•Official transcripts will be required upon hire.