University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Colorado Boulder
University ofColorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus
School ofMedicine, Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology
DivisionAdministrator (Business Services Program Director)
Position #756991 –Requisition #15386
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals withdemonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and workingenvironment. We value the ability toengage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Department of Obstetrics andGynecology has an opening for a full-time University Staff DivisionAdministrator (Business Services Program Director) position.
TheUniversity of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a public education, clinicaland research facility serving 4,500 students, and a world-class medicaldestination at the forefront of life-changing science, medicine, and healthcare.CU Anschutz offers more than 42 highly rated degree programs through 6 schoolsand colleges, and receives over $500 million in research awards each year. Weare the single largest health professions education provider in Colorado,awarding nearly 1,450 degrees annually. Powered by our award-winning faculty,renowned researchers and a reputation for academic excellence, the CU AnschutzMedical Campus drives innovation from the classroom to the laboratory to thedelivery of unparalleled patient care. ReadCU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The Division Administrator for CommunityMedicine in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at the University ofColorado, School of Medicine is responsible for high-level oversight andstrategic management of all the Department of OB/Gyn's freestanding clinics.This includes partnering with the DFA and Division Chiefs to execute thefollowing: conduct and execute clinic and market-specific strategic planning;ensure fiscal sustainability and growth through pro forma development andbudget management; and provide Human Resources expertise and guidance to clinicmanagers to facilitate the creation and maintenance of a top-notch freestandingclinic workforce.
As assigned by the DFA, the Administratorserves as the representative for the School of Medicine (SOM), the University ofColorado Anschutz Medical Campus (UCD), and the University of Colorado (CU) forrelevant fiscal and administrative matters. The Administrator ensures consistencybetween the policies and procedures of the SOM, UCD, CU Medicine, University ofColorado Hospital and Highlands Ranch Hospital.
Supervision Received: The Administrator reports directlyto the Department's Director of Finance and Administration (DFA).
Supervision Exercised: Provides direct supervision of allcommunity practice managers, which currently includes CU South Metro OB/Gyn, CURocky Mountain OB/Gyn, CU South Rocky Mountain OB/Gyn, and CU Advanced ReproductiveMedicine.
Financial Management: Oversees fiscal activities of allcommunity medicine practices, including the following:
- Development and management of operating, capital, and enrichment budgets
- Pro forma development for any new community medicine initiative
- Design relevant and benchmarked compensation and incentive plans for each unique practice
- Work closely with DFA, CU Medicine, and practice managers to analyze and enhance revenue cycle opportunities
- Create faculty and practice performance dashboards that are reviewed monthly and contribute to decision-making and compensation determination
- Provide monthly, quarterly, and annual reports to DFA, Chair, and Executive Committee on financial performance of each practice
- Provide sound stewardship of all community practice finances
Human Resource Management: In conjunction with DFA, oversees communitypractice personnel matters including, but not limited to, the following:
- Position creation in the University and CU Medicine human resource systems
- Maintenance of proper funding distribution
- Facilitation of employee recruitments
- Performance assessment and salary setting
- Employee development and orientation
- Progressive disciplinary processes
- Counsels personnel on matters of benefits, work issues, personal interrelations, grievances, and other matters within the workplace
- Liaise with University of Colorado, CU Medicine, and UC Health Human Resources departments as necessary for issues such as FML, performance management, ADA, Worker's Comp, salary planning, etc.
- Final approver on all community practice procurement
- Establish and communicate consistent policies for procurement practices
- Set up procurement and travel cards for new employees
- Train new employees on Marketplace and Concur and provide ongoing support
Facilities and OperationsManagement:
- Works with Division Chief to oversee any Divisional facilities both on and off campus and ensure efficiency of operations
- Coordinates the Division's response to space and inventory surveys as required by the University
- Administers the internal allocation of Divisional space to ensure optimal use
- Oversees Divisional building security and safety procedures
- Oversees the Division's asset management system
- Participates in planning activities for the Division, including long-range and short-range business and strategic planning
- Provides the Practice Manager and Medical Directors, along with Division Chiefs and DFA, data and financial analysis as needed for operational, management, business development and strategic decisions
- Maintain a pulse on the OB/Gyn market in the Denver Metro area and Colorado generally, evaluating opportunities for community partnerships
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates willbe responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and anyrelocation expenses, if applicable.
The salary range is commensurate with skills andexperience .This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number onyour paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plansand retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in business administration, public administration, higher education administration, public policy, finance, accounting, human resources management, communication, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field.
- Four years' progressively responsible experience at the management level, including direct responsibility for business operations within a healthcare or university setting.
- A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- A master's degree in business administration, public administration, higher education administration, public policy, finance, accounting, human resources management, communication, social sciences, behavioral sciences or a directly related field may substitute for an unrelated bachelor's degree.
- A master's degree from an accredited college or university in health administration, business, public health, or related field.
- Experience with fiscal management.
- Experience overseeing HR functions such as recruitment, performance management, and/or employee relations.
- Experience in the supervision of administrative and support staff personnel.
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Capital Management or Financial Management systems, or similar systems.
Competencies/Knowledge,Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students
- Effective communication/presentation skills and a proven track record of forming collaborative and effective working relationships with physicians and administrative staff
- Commitment to fostering the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology's mission of diversity and inclusion in hiring practices, patient care, and, in an ongoing manner, facilitating an inclusive workplace at all freestanding sites of practice
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and financial skills, including budgeting, forecasting, and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, accepted theories, principles, and tools, in both finance and human resource management.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, organizational skills, and ability to problem solve and multi-task.
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and major projects or initiatives.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze, and interpret vast amounts of data, recommend solutions, and implement the preferred course of action.
- Ability to establish work priorities, delegate assignments as appropriate, and follow through to ensure completion of activities.
- Excellent Microsoft Excel skills.
Please click here for informationon disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver |Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruitingand supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. Theuniversity strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver |Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring asafe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. Toassist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for allprospective employees.
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers.* REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to SCathy Kenworthy at Cathy.Kenworthy@ucdenver.edu.