University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
E-Resources Access Librarian
at University of Colorado Boulder
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The University of Colorado Denver's Auraria Library seeks an E-ResourcesAccess Librarian who will lead the Library's efforts to meet the challenges ofaccessing and managing electronic resources. The E-Resources Access Librarianis responsible for establishing, maintaining, and troubleshooting access toAuraria Library's licensed and open access electronic resources. This positionworks closely with colleagues in the Technical Services Division and across theLibrary's other divisions to ensure reliable access to and discovery ofE-Resources across various platforms and discovery points. This librarian iscommitted to staying abreast of trends and best practices related to discoveryand access and is comfortable with the continuously changing landscape ofelectronic resources. With over 80% of the Library's $3.6M learning materialsbudget dedicated to electronic resources and the majority of Auraria Library'susers accessing E-Resources from off campus, this position plays a vital rolein the research and learning of Auraria campus's students, faculty, and staff.
As a faculty member, the librarian participates on Library andcampus-wide committees and in CU Denver faculty governance. The E-ResourcesAccess Librarian engages in fulfilling the research and educational missions ofthe Auraria Library and the three institutions on the Auraria Campus – theUniversity of Colorado Denver, the Metropolitan State University of Denver, andthe Community College of Denver. This position is in the Technical ServicesDivision of the Library and reports to the Discovery and Metadata, DepartmentHead.
Electronic Resources Access
- Work closely with librarysystems (Serials Solutions, Innovative, EZ Proxy), database vendors(EBSCO, ProQuest, Gale), and publishers (Oxford, Cambridge) tocreate and follow best practices for providingexcellent access to Auraria Library's electronic content.
- Analyzes theLibrary's role as a content access provider and develops best practicesfor streamlining access using appropriate data.
- Analyzes daily useraccess issues to uncover and diagnose larger, systemic issues, for example,issues affecting off-campus access, online security, mobile devices, andplatform changes.
- Investigates, develops, andimplements proactive workflows and processes to identify electronic accessissues before they become problems.
- Actively investigates andeffectively communicates enhancements and upgrades to the Library'selectronic management and discovery software.
- Leads the Troubleshooting Team, a cross-departmentalcommittee of Library staff dedicated to identifying and removing obstaclesto accessing the Library's electronic content.
- Member of CU Libraries Access and Discovery Team.
- Strategically engages with members of theLibrary's Digital and Scholarly Services Division and Education and PublicServices Division to customize the Library's discovery layerto provide a user experience that supports the educationalmission of the Library.
- Oversees the accessibility of the Library's discovery layer.
- Works with the Access and Public Services Department on accessissues regarding user categories (i.e. alumni, dual enrollment students,affiliated scholars).
- Contributes to the collaborative, customer service oriented, andteam-based environment that strives to provide unimpeded and timely access toelectronic materials for students, faculty, and staff.
Leadership and Service
- Participates on Library and campus-wide committees and CU Denverfaculty governance.
Salary and Benefits:
Compensation: $55,000-$60,000commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
TheUniversity of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed torecruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrativestaff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect,communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnicminorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University ofColorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- Master'sdegree from an ALA-accredited library school or program.
- Experience managingelectronic resources.
- Experiencemanaging current and emerging library technologies including integrated librarysystems, discovery layers, and/or URL resolvers.
- Experiencecataloging electronic resources in an academic or research library.