University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University of Colorado Boulder
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 13006
Categories: Education - Support Staff
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Center for Advancing Professional Excellence
Proctor (Administrative Assistant I)
Position # 00743840 – Requisition 13006
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The Center for Advancing Professional Excellence (CAPE) has an opening for a part-time, hourly University Staff (unclassified) Proctor position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver—one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside.
Nature of Work
The CAPE is a nationally accredited centerpiece of educational and evaluation innovation, located on the Anschutz Medical Campus of the University of Colorado Denver in 18,000 sf of state of the art space. At the core of the Center's work is a dedication and passion to producing humanistic and scientifically grounded health professionals, using innovative methods to educate and evaluate the essential skills needed by these professionals to serve the citizens of Colorado and beyond. The Center also conducts research on the nature and quality of communication between patients and health care professionals, culture and medicine, interprofessional education, and many other areas.
The CAPE Administrative Assistant I will assist primarily with the proctoring of events at the CAPE. Additional responsibilities will include assisting with the preparation and clean up after events, inventory and restocking of supplies and some data entry.
Examples of Work Performed
- Assisting students with orientation to CAPE exam and learning sessions.
- Directing students where to go for their exams and learning sessions.
- Assisting students with basic computer issues (e.g. trouble logging in, getting locked out of a computer, etc) and/or reporting issues to the session coordinator when they arise.
- Copying/printing and preparing packets or door signs for exams and learning sessions.
- Taking inventories of simulation rooms and restocking as needed.
- Entering learner/session data into a computer.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits
The hiring salary for this position is $15 per hour. This position is eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- One year of experience in an occupational field related to the work assigned to the position.
- Substitution: College or university course work appropriate to the work assignment, may substitute on a year for year basis for the experience.
- Previous experience with proctoring high-stakes exams.
- Previous experience working in a higher-education academic environment.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Must have basic computer skills and be comfortable learning new software.
*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Carissa Smith at Carissa.Smith@ucdenver.edu