University of Colorado Boulder
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Professional Research Asst
at University of Colorado Boulder
University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus
SOM Allergy and Clinical Immunology
Position #653191 – Requisition 15379
The University of ColoradoDenver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitmentto creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value theability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diversebackgrounds.
The Division of Allergy and Clinical Immunology in theDepartment of Medicine seeks applicants for full-time Professional ResearchAssistant to work in the Dreskin/Chen laboratory. The laboratory focuses on:
- The study of functionalIgE-allergen interactions as they pertain to food allergies
- Design ofnew peptide-based vaccines feasible for the treatment of peanut allergy.
The desired candidate should have background in immunology,experience in murine models and good knowledge of standard research practicesand methods. The candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic aboutscience, work efficiently and have excellent interpersonal skills.
The position involves research on designing peptide-basedvaccines and test the vaccine efficacy in mouse models of peanut allergy. Workwill include, but not be limited to:
- Production and purification of recombinant proteins inbacterial
- Analysis of proteins by multiple types of assays
- Immunological assays : ELISA, Western blot microarray andflow cytometry
- Vaccination of allergic mouse model and analysis of cytokines and antibodies.
- Culture of cell lines and primary cells of mammalian origins
Salary and Benefits:
Salary iscommensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The University of Colorado offers afull benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, includingeligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The Universityof Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment forour faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, weconduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The ImmigrationReform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility bedocumented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work.Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons withdisabilities.
Yourtotal compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University ofColorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributionsthat add to your bottom line.
TotalCompensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Pleaseclick here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | AnschutzMedical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse studentbody, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote aculture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. Weencourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilitiesand all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity andequality in education and employment.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in immunology or a relatedfield.
- A minimum of two years research experience in a biomedical lab
- Experience in expression of recombinant proteins in E.coli.
- Experiments in murine models.
- Skills in basic laboratory techniques such asELISA assays.
- Comfort managing large Excel spreadsheets.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2). A current resume/CV. 3). List of 3-5 professional references. 4). Letters of reference. Questions should be directed to Xueni Chen at email@example.com